Vertical Gardening Experiences




video imageDo you have a small yard and want to get the most out of your garden space? Try Vertical Gardening! I have what I consider a small garden about 30ftx30ft.  I find great enjoyment growing fresh vegetables for my family to eat. I like to get the most out of my garden space. So over the years I have used a technique called vertical gardening. So instead of allowing plants to vine horizontally spreading across the ground you can let them climb up a fence or poles or perhaps a trellis. Keeping vining plants off the ground and growing vertically minimizes diseases, and is a good use of space in a small garden. Of course pole beans are a perfect example of this type of growing process. But how about using this technique for cucumbers, squash or even cantaloupes? For more information about vertical gardening, go to the Vertical Gardening Video on the KSU Extension website. Written by Extension Master Gardeners mgcrocks.

Comments